The past few days have been pretty busy for me. Not so busy schedule wise, but activity wise. My little guy, who is now 8 and a half months old, has started to crawl for real! He had been spinning himself in circles on his tummy for about a month, and then started figuring out how to scoot himself backwards, and over the weekend figured out how to go forwards. Today I saw a tiny nub of a tooth pop up too! My little guy is growing so fast!! *sniff sniff* I’m going to get all the cuddles I can out of him while I can. (Oh gosh – don’t cry Patti, don’t cry!)
I couldn’t be more proud of my little dumpling – however, now this means I have to constantly keep my eye on him and drag him away from potentially dangerous stuff. I really need to baby proof my apartment – I’m looking into getting a little playpen too to hopefully keep him contained.
I’ve been getting overwhelmed with household chores lately. I watch the dishes and bottles and dust bunnies pile up and just want to plop myself on the couch in front of the AC and watch a movie. (My husband and I watched Jumanji 2 the other day and it was surprisingly very good!) Tonight I buckled down and stayed focused on getting all the dishes and bottles done so that weight is off my shoulders! I have to keep telling myself “This is not that hard” and it really isn’t!
Since my little guy went to bed early after a big day of playing, eating, crawling and bath time, I thought I’d spend some time doing a journal prompt.
Tonight’s prompt is….
“Three favorite book characters”
Oooo. A tough one! I’m going to focus on children’s books for this one. In no particular order…
- Hermione Granger or Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series
- I think I see a little of myself in both of these girls. Hermione for being a book lover, Luna for being quirky. 🙂
- I stumbled upon this great write up on Luna Lovegood
- Pippi Longstocking from the Pippi Longstocking series
- I remember thinking Pippi was the coolest kid in the world. She had a horse, a pet monkey and was super strong. “Don’t worry about me, I’ll always come out on top!”
- Biblo Baggins from the Hobbit
- If I could live in any book environment, it would be the Shire. I think I’d really enjoy life as a hobbit – drinking tea, gardening, cooking and eating. Bilbo stepped out of the comfort zone of the Shire to go on a really grand adventure. He wasn’t strong, fast or extraordinarily clever, but he was still able to help his dwarven friends.
Dear friends – share some of your favorite book characters down below!